In 1922, Charlie began gathering logs for building Clearwater’s main lodge. In 1926 the lodge was completed, and included a dining room, a kitchen, a sitting area around a large stone hearth, and 14 rooms upstairs. The family occupied some of the rooms, while others were rented out to a steady stream of guests. Once the lodge was complete, Charlie began building smaller guest cabins around the property—four of which are still in use. Charlie built furniture during the winter months, creating many original pieces. The dining room tables and chairs, as well as the beautiful Diamond Willow furniture, are still used by the guests today.
Guests are still able to sit on the delightful wraparound deck and enjoy the views of those lovely palisades that originally won the Boostroms’ hearts. The lodge’s original charm still shines, thanks to Charlie’s excellent craftsmanship. Inside, a few updates have been made, but the lodge is filled with photos and other items that belonged to the Boostrom family. Now, even 100 years later, Charlie’s adventurous spirit and the feeling of Petra’s warmth are alive and well within the walls of the lodge. The love and hospitality that began all those years ago with the Boostroms continues with each guest that walks through the doors.